Rules and Guidelines Food & Beverage
What will be provided to each restaurant:
- Two (2) eight-foot tables (one for prep, one for serving) with 2 chairs
- 10x10 canopy, unless restaurant is providing own canopy. Please indicate this on your application.
- Two (2) wristbands & tasting plates
What each restaurant will need to provide:
- Additional décor/signage for table top only. Must not interfere with the visibility of neighboring tables.
- Heat or hold food properly per OCHA guidelines.
- Utensils for cooking and serving – knives, cutting boards, towels, chafers, platters, hand sanitizer etc.
- Plates, cutlery and napkins for serving. Plates will be provided to all guests, but are to be used more as trays to hold plated food from each restaurant
- Flyers, Menus, Coupons, marketing materials and incentives for guests to visit the restaurant after the event.
- If electricity is needed, please bring a 50’ or longer extension cord and indicate electricity is needed on your application. An additional charge of $25 will apply.
- Plan food to feed 1,000 -1,200 guests. Sample sizes only. Only give samples to guests with a wristband and plate. Signage will be provided to each booth with this restriction spelled out.
- All prep-work for menu items to be completed prior to arrival at Tri-City Park.
- Restaurants are NOT to supply any drinks, i.e., soda or water. These will be provided by non-profits at a cost
- All “leftover” food will be discarded and or removed at the end of the evening.
- 2:00 p.m. set up
- The space contracted is to be used solely for the name that appears on this contract and it is agreed that no portion will be sublet or used by any other organization or business.
- Each restaurant will need to adhere to the load-in and load-out schedule which will be provided via email prior to the event.
- After unloading, please park vehicles in the designated parking lot.
- Each restaurant must be set-ready to serve food by 5:00 p.m. Restaurants may arrive as early as 2:00 p.m.
- Each restaurant is required to stay for the duration of the event, the event is open to the public until 9:00pm. Violators may not be invited back to future events.
- Each restaurant must remove all materials and trash from the booth space by 10:00 p.m.
- The Chamber has created an official Facebook event page for this event. Please utilize this page and share this event with your contacts. Please DO NOT create your own event. This will streamline information and boost attendance to the event.
If for reasons beyond the Chamber’s control, the Taste of the Town must be cancelled, the Placentia Chamber of Commerce is not liable for any cost other than exhibitor space fees (which are none to participating restaurants). If date or location must be changed for some reason beyond the Chamber’s control, a new date or location will be sent out as soon as possible. Should any exhibitor wish to cancel this agreement and not exhibit for the event, request must be in the Chamber office by August 1, 2018. This request must be in writing.