COVID-19 Updates 4-20-2020
In this every-changing world of information, we wanted you to be up to date on information as we receive it. This issue has a lot of information that may personally affect you, along with updated business information:
Governor Gavin Newsom unveiled six key indicators that will guide California’s thinking for when and how to modify the stay-at-home and other orders during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the Power Point. Click here for the article.
U.S. Chamber Launches a New “Path Forward Program” to Lead National Conversation on How America Can Return to Work
COVID-19 ECONOMIC IMPACTS: UCI Center for Population, Inequality, and Policy (CPIP) hosted “Economic Impacts of Covid-19: A National and Local Perspective” on April 14.
GIG WORKERS AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS in California will be able to apply for federally-funded unemployment benefits and receive payments within 24 to 48 hours, said State Labor Secretary Julie Su on Tuesday. Click here for the entire article.
LICENSE RENEWAL EXTENSION: DMV announced it would automatically extend drivers’ licenses that are expiring during the pandemic, allowing drivers to avoid having to apply for renewals online.
GET MY PAYMENT: New IRS application to check the status of your economic impact payment, and if needed, update direct deposit information.
*ECONOMIC REVIVAL: President Trump has announced the Great American Economic Revival Industry Groups, who will work together to chart the path forward to the future of American prosperity. Read More.
*CANCELLED PENALTIES: OC Treasurer is now accepting penalty cancellation requests for taxpayers who have been directly impacted by COVID-19. Learn More.
*SENATOR LING LING CHANG’S regarding possible refunds from insurance companies and gyms.
ORANGE COUNTY RESOURCES:
* The Federal Reserve has announced that it is establishing a Main Street Lending Program to support lending to small and medium-sized businesses that were in good financial standing before the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
* CARES ACT WEBINAR: Hosted by the Irvine Company, this webinar helps companies get funding through the CARES Act on Friday, April 17 at 1:30 p.m. PST. Register Here.
* FINANCIAL & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE 4 SMALL BIZ: CA Entrepreneurship Task Force (ETF) webinar sharing resources and opportunities for small businesses during COVID-19. Watch the recording here.
* FAQ on business interruption insurance and other issues affecting California small businesses
* CSUF SURVEY on business executives’ outlook on the economy. View survey results here. Want to be surveyed? Contact Jesse Ben-Ron, OCBC Vice President of Workforce & Economic Development.
* DAILY WEBINARS by SBA OC/Inland Empire on the Economic Injury DIsaster Loan (EIDL), EIDL Advance, and Paycheck Protection Program provided by the CARES Act. Register here.
* APRIL WEBINARS: Business-building tips offered through four virtual supplier webinars in April, hosted by SoCalGas and Frontier Communications. April 16 at 11:00 a.m. PST. RSVP at email@example.com
SMALL BIZ RESOURCES:
HIRING OR LOOKING FOR WORK?
California’s portal for 70,000 open jobs is OnwardCA.org
Google Webinar Wednesday, May 6th
For more information on this and other resources around COVID19 please visit https://www.placentiachamber.com/covid-19/
|For a complete list of events CLICK HERE|