American Express initiated this annual event to encourage shoppers to “Shop Small” by supporting local, privately-owned businesses for their holiday shopping instead of going to malls or online. The Placentia Chamber has organized our 4th Annual Scavenger Hunt to help promote our amazing, local small businesses. We have over 40 participating this year!
Here’s how it works:
1. Get your Scavenger Hunt Clues on Monday, November 25th at https://www.facebook.com/PlacentiaChamberofCommerce/ the Placentia Buzz
Instagram @placentiachamber.com www.placentiachamber.com by clicking on the revolving slide for Small Business Saturday
2. Map your plan of attack. The clues are listed in geographic order and the hours they are open are included in the clue.
3. You can hunt for clues any day this week. Businesses will have special giveaways and discounts that are listed with the clues and only available on Saturday
4. Snap a quick pic at each location you visit and post it on Facebook and Instagram with #shopsmallplacentia. Don’t forget to tag the Placentia Chamber. One lucky hunter will win a Grand Prize gift basket loaded with items donated by our participating businesses. The more entries the better chances of winning!!!
5. When you are done hunting, either drop off your completed clue sheet at your last destination, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off at 117 N. Main Street or fax to 714-528-1873.
6. For every five clues you find, you will be eligible for prizes donated by our participating businesses. Don’t forget to include your name, cell number and email information on your clue sheet.
7. HAVE FUN!
This fun, community event is open to everyone! You don’t need to be a Placentia resident, so pile all your out-of-town relatives in the car and join us! This is a great way to discover and re-discover some hidden Placentia gems while working off those holiday calories!
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Michele at (714) 528-1873 or send an email to email@example.com.